Sunday, November 18, 2012

6 lessons I've learned from living in an apartment for six months

HEY I had this blog once, but I got lazy, I'm back at it... judge me maybe.

HELLOOO followers/people who accidentally clicked on the link that I'm going to whore around social media!
I was going to start with some banter about how I haven't blogged in a long fucking time... then realized like 40% of my posts open with that soooo...

APARTMENT LIFE!  Original.

I moved out of residence and gained full independence (purchased by Roxanne Power's credit card) at the beginning of May with Billy, a flaming homosexual fish and chips enthusiast, and Natalie/Natasha, a raging alcoholic waitress.  We're also students... kind of.  I got a job selling fish to old people and things were going great!

I've learned a few things about living in an apartment for about 6 months.

1. Life is fucking scary without a dishwasher.
Those of you who have never had the beautiful luxury of a dishwasher will probably disagree and say it's not that.  Those of you who DID have a dishwasher growing up... IT FUCKING SUCKS.  If they're not clean  you have to LOOK AT THEM ALL THE TIME UNTIL SOMEONE WASHES THEM.  And in order for them to be clean... YOU HAVE TO WASH THEM!!!  With your HANDS that get SCALDED in HOT WATER.
When I think of a dishwasher I think of a thousand tiny Mexican women running around, frantically scrubbing away at our mess.

2. Why did I ever use a glass to drink anything?
I'm the only one in my apartment who likes skim milk (Natasha has her 1% for cereal and whatnot, Billy has 2%).  Why dirty a glass when I'm the ONLY ONE drinking it (if boyfriend reads this... I'm sorry, I drank out of the carton, you should probably not drink my milk.)  Same for juice.  Water?  I just stick my head under the tap!  This kind of ties into #1 - less dishes!  Except for once, I was at work and kind of forgot that I wasn't home and nearly drank out of the tap.  But I didn't!

3. Cats... they need food to live.
STOCK UP ON CAT FOOD.

4. There's more to life than partying.
hahahaha.   Just kidding.

5. Cooking isn't THAT hard.
I'm bad for eating half of my meals on campus/at the cellar/boston pizza/just not eating because i'm lazy.  Like... if someone hacked into my banking info (please don't, I don't even have that much money) I'd look like I was a food critic for the amount of $$$ I spend at restaurants.  The other day, boyfriend was making hamburger helper... so I bought hamburger helper so I could be domestic too.  Have I made said hamburger helper?  ... Not yet.  Whatever, I worked all day.  That's kind of responsible too.
Breakfast shakes help me out a lot too!  They're easy.  And they involve milk.

6. I just really REALLY want a dishwasher...
I know this was number 1... but fucking FUCK it's a big one.

Anyway... those are the only 6 (lol 5) lessons I've learned!  Stay tuned, I might actually update again! :O

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER XOXO GG @powertequila

OH YEAH!  KELLY CLARKSON'S GREATEST HITS COMES OUT TOMORROW :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment